Cozy Up Chicken Soup2 T Butter
1 C Onions, 1/4in dice
1/2 C Carrots, 1/4in dice
1/4 C Celery, 1/4in dice
1 lb Chicken Breast, diced
1/2 lb Poatoes, 1/2in dice
1/2 lb Egg Noodles
3 Q Chicken Stock
1 t Thyme
1 t Ground Sage
1/2 t Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 t Dry Basil
1) In a 4 Q Stock pot Saute onions, carrots, and celery in butter until tender
2) Remove veg and set aside
3) Sear the chicken in the same pot until a nice golden brown color is reached.
4) Deglaze the pan with 1 C of the stock
5) return the veg and add 2 Q of the stock and bring to a boil
6) Add herbs and pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper
7) Simmer for 30 min then add potatoes and simmer for 10 more mins
8) Add remaining stock if needed, bring to a boil and add noodles.
9) Cook til the noodles are done.
10) Serve in a big bowl with choice of toasted bread or crackers.
11) Enjoy your night with family and friends.